Ritual Space

For this weeks class I wanted to focus on how the room and atmosphere added to the practice. Many people while practicing yoga focus on how the environment is around them. Wether it needs to be completely quite or if they have soft music playing in the background. The room I was in was very much what I would consider to be a ritual space. The lights were so dim almost off, the music playing was very soft and relaxing (almost put me to sleep). The instructor spoke in a very soft tone to where it was very hard to even here him. There were also candle lit along the sides and an insense burning the smelt like grass. I wasn't too fond of that. I felt very connected to my body though, as strange as that sounds, the surrounding really did make a difference. I felt calm and in tune with every movement I was doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Post

Iyengar Yoga

And Again