Ahtanga Yoga

This week in class we practiced Ashtanga Yoga and it would have to be my favorite practice so far! I really liked how the teacher showed us all of the moves before we did them. Since I am still very much a beginner I always like to visually see how the poses are supposed to look so that I can mirror it and not hurt myself. She did a really good job or not making me feel like I was such a newby because she showed the entire class how to do it. I also liked how she came around the room and lightly tapped you to help get you in the proper position. The postures were definitely a challenge for my body, but I liked it. I like that by doing these practices I am pushing myself to get a little outside of my comfort zone. I would definitely practice this type again because it was easy enough for my to do, but hard enough that it wasn't boring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Post

Iyengar Yoga

And Again